image by Sean MacEntee
So resolutions are interesting,because they are most likely to fail. That being said, I want to setup some realistic goals for this year: professionally and personally. What better place to do that than in public?
Here in no particular order are my resolutions:
- Write more: about an average of 2 posts a week should be good.
- Do more OSS: Open source has kind of stagnated for me in 2013, probably due to the many rehash of your staple projects like ORMs, routing, and IOC containers. Time to find something new in .NET (this goes for everyone else too :P).
- Program at least in one environment out of my comfort zone. I'm looking at you NodeJS.
- Give at least one talk in 2014. I enjoyed this last year, and I'd like to do it again.
- Get back to 100% in exercising: the holiday and a slight injury to my right shoulder slowed me down, but I should be good to start again with at least 5 days of exercise a week.
- Make more friends: at least 2 new good friends would be a win for me.
- Get more billable hours: Marking friends and giving talks might help me accomplish this goal.
I have 12 months to check some of these items off my list, which may seem like a long time, but it's 2014 and 2013 is in the rear view mirror.